They are there, they are back. Awakened by a long sleep by an ancestral magic, the Protectors of Albion will once again cross its lands. True guardians of the world’s resources, they will be an unrivaled source of these resources. Let’s look at the details of these ancient giants.
To the number of 5, the Guardians are gigantic opponents protecting large quantities of resources. Like most other creatures in the game, these Albion Guardians will turn into a resource node when they die. The difference is that they contain no less than 2,560 Tier 6 resources (not counting the yield bonuses at harvest). So they are a very important goal for any farmer group or guild.
However, defeating them will not be so simple. First, they are very powerful opponents. The developers recommend raid groups (at least 10 players) in order to defeat them. Each has a different strategy, which means that one group can be strong against one and weak against another. Then, each Guardian can appear in any red or black zone whose biome matches. This means several things:
- It will have to be found, so scout the area to hope to find it before the others.
- As soon as it is found, it will be necessary to quickly set up a group to defeat it. It will also be necessary to take care of the smaller monsters that will not fail to accompany the Protector.
- You will have to fight it while taking into account that other groups can take advantage to ambush, attack in the back etc…
- It will be necessary, at best, to create a group to defeat the Guardian according to the strategy.
Note that its reappearance time is random, between 12 and 48 hours. It will therefore be difficult to find it without a bit of luck and a lot of organization. A last important detail: Guardians are protected against concentrated fire. Basically, the more people who type it, the more individual damage is reduced. It will therefore be necessary to make the share of things in strike force and limited group.
The Different Guardians Of Albion
There are 5 of them, each linked to a particular resource, and to the corresponding biome.
- Hitpoints: 904,849
- Auto-attack damage: 3,000 (physical) to everyone in front of Old White.
- Avalanche: Old White uses its trunk to throw a number of rocks. Everyone hit will receive 2,750 magic damage and be knocked back 15 meters.
- Spirit Stampede: The massive mammoth gets on its hind legs and brings down a stampede of three spirit mammoths that damage everyone in their path, dealing 3,750 magic damage and knocking them back 15 meters.
- Hitpoints: 922,591
- Auto-attack damage: 2,892 (physical)
- Piercing Roots: Thorny branches sprout under every player, appearing every 1.3 seconds for a total of 8 times. Avoid them, or you will not only receive 1,250 physical damage, but will also receive 375 damage over time for every time you got hit. With these nasty branches appearing everywhere, you have to be extra careful not to run into a teammate’s path!
- Nasty Roots: The Ent rampages on the ground, rooting and dealing damage to the tank and nearby players. Every tick deals 1,000 magic damage, with a total of 10 ticks. This spell can only be interrupted with the Interrupt skill!
- Hitpoints: 878,236
- Auto-attack damage: Ranged attack, 3,750 physical damage to everyone hit.
- Earthquake: The Rock Giant lets out a tremendous roar, after which it starts stampeding the ground, hitting everyone in a 20 meter radius for 2,500 physical damage. If you are 10 meters or less away from the Giant when he starts stampeding, you will be hit for an additional 6,250 damage! Once hit, you get knocked back 28 meters.
- Rock Prison: All players with a ranged or magical weapon are trapped in a prison of rocks, stunning them completely. Damage the rocks to get them out fast, as they will receive 500 true damage (meaning armor is ignored) every 3 seconds (for a total of 15 seconds). Everyone who is within 1 meter radius of the rock prisons receives the same amount of damage.
- Giant Kick: The Rock Giant kicks the main tank, massively reducing the already generated threat. On top of that, the target and everyone in a 3 meter radius around the target receives 2,500 physical damage and is knocked back 15 meters.
- Hitpoints: 860,494
- Auto-attack damage: 3,818 (physical)
- Eroding Swamp: Initially dealing 2,500 magic damage, it also places a deadly debuff on its target. M speed is reduced by 20% for 20 seconds, threat generation is reduced by 10% for 20 seconds and it deals 250 damage per second for a total of 19 ticks, for each stack of the debuff. Consider bringing multiple tanks!
- Pulsing Thorns: Spiky thorns spiral around the Dryad, in an outwards direction. When hit, you will be silenced for 15 seconds and suffer 1,250 magic damage every 3 seconds, for a total of 6 ticks. Especially healers should be very wary of this skill!
- Double Cleave: All players in front of the Dryad receive 2,500 magic damage. This attack has a range of 15 meters!
- Hitpoints: 895,978
- Auto-attack damage: none (no auto-attack)
- Giant’s Punch: The Colossus slams his fist into the ground, dealing 3,800 physical damage to the tank and will inflect them with Crystal Resonance. This debuff pulls players closer to the tank every 8 seconds for 4 ticks, with more stacks of Crystal Resonance increasing its range by 5 meter (maximum of 5 stacks). On top of that, the Giant’s Punch has a 50% chance of spawning four exploding crystal in a straight line, with each explosion dealing 3,000 damage.
- Crystal Swarm: Every player in a 30 meter radius around the Ore Colossus receives a crystal bomb. This crystal explodes after 2.5 seconds, dealing 3,000 magic damage to its target and everyone within 4 meters. Spread out, if you want to stay alive!
Here is the summary of the 5 Guardians of Albion who came to defend the resources of their land. Be careful when confronting them, think carefully about the strategy you will use and especially, pay attention to pks! And take advantage of the resources you have earned! If you need gold while playing in Albion Online, you can buy gold on UpAlbion. You can get 5% discount with code “minalbion” if you buy albion online gold on our site.